2009 Mach1 im neuen Bond-Film?

Moderatoren: TomiTomi, mod-test

Antworten
Jen
Steve McQueen
2009 Mach1 im neuen Bond-Film?

Beitrag von Jen » 01.12.2007, 11:29

Es gibt da ein Gerücht... gelesen bei www.autoblog.com, www.mustangblog.com und www.mustangevolution.com:
autoblog.com hat geschrieben:God help us for posting about another Mustang iteration, but with Ford's commitment to bring a variant of the Pony car to market each year, it was simply a matter of time before the rumors began to swirl. This newest one, courtesy of MustangEvolution, contends that a revival of the Mach 1 is due out sometime in 2009.

While another special edition 'Stang is enough to cause a bout of acid reflux, the basis for the Mach 1 may be yet another tribute to the coupe's cinematic roots. James Bond drove a red Mach 1, sans black stripes and mag wheels, in 1971's Diamonds are Forever, and supposedly Ford is looking for the original car as the basis for the 2009 model. While we can argue the merits of another Mustang variant, a Bond-badged version might seem a bit more palatable – barely.
mustangblog.com hat geschrieben:Rumors have been flying around for the past year Ford is cooking up another special edition Mustang for 2009 and some have said it could be a 2009 Mach I or a BOSS Mustang. Well those rumors have just been fueled even more with the discovery that Ford is searching for the red Mach 1 coupe used in the 1971 James Bond Movie ‘Diamonds are Forever’. Could we see a James Bond 007 limited edition Mach 1 in 2009, your guess is as good as mine but I doubt it seriously, the James Bond part. I do expect to see a 2009 Mach I given all the inside sources reporting their will be, you can almost look on any Mustang message board and find somebody who has talked to someone inside Ford saying their will be a 2009 Mach I. My guess is there will probably be one but until we see evidence it’s all just rumors at this point.
mustangevolution.com hat geschrieben:Now that the 2008 year has received it’s specialty Mustang, the 2008 Bullitt Mustang, everyone is looking to 2009 and trying to guess what Ford will offer up to keep their promise of a Special Edition Mustang ever year for the next couple of years. The two hottest topics are the Boss Mustang and Mach 1 Mustang. The Mach 1 Mustang was recently revived in 2003 but only lasted 2 years before the new S197 platform was introduced. Now there are indications that the 2009 year will see the return of a Mach 1 Mustang.

Ford has been rumored to be looking for the Mach 1 Mustang from the James Bond movie Diamonds Are Forever to turn it into a production Mustang for 2009. This would make sense if you look at the order in which the Bullitt and Mach 1 were released in the past with the Bullitt coming in 2001 and Mach 1 after that in 2003.

Ford seems to be promoting their Mustangs hard in new movies and reviving Mustangs used in classics. Will this be the Bond Edition Mustang? If Ford doesn’t call it that I am sure someone else will jump at the opportunity to make another special edition of a special edition. It’s a great time to be a Mustang enthusiast with the vast amount of different Mustangs to choose from.

Antworten